The 10 items Londoners have bought most on Amazon this year is a fascinating insight into the capital’s mindset
Amazon UK has released its summer 2016 trends report, focusing on what products the nation has been hungrily clicking ‘add to basket’ on so far this year.
It’s a great opportunity for voyeurism, giving a glimpse into the purchases we make online that we never really imagine anyone viewing (today I learned that sporks are booming in the North).
Particularly of interest is the top 10 bestsellers in London, at least three of which I had to Google to work out what the hell they are.
The capital has for instance, been buying sheets and sheets of ‘Fujifilm Instax Mini Candy Pop Film’ – presumably parents trying to keep their children mercifully distracted with photography. There are two kinds of baby wipe in the top 10 meanwhile, perhaps speaking to an increased compulsion toward cleanliness, a sleep mask (for obvious reasons, it’s London) and then suddenly a David Bowie LP.
Here’s the top 10 in full (which, if bought simultaneously, would make for a weird night):
1. ‘Lean in 15’ by Joe Wicks, The Body Coach
2. Tommy Tippe Sangenic Compatible Cassette
3. Fire TV Stick
4. Water Wipes Super Value Box
5. ‘Deliciously Ella’ by Ella Woodword
6. Johnson’s Baby Extra Sensitive Baby Wipes
7. Premium Sleep Mask by Memory Soft
8. ‘Blackstar’ by David Bowie
9. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying
10. Fujifilm Instax Mini Candy Pop Film