Mens Fashion Basics Part 92 Trouser, Socks & Footwear Combinations
Sometimes it is the simplest of products that induce the most frustration. Be it that certain tie that simply cant be knotted in the right length or that button in your cuff that simply wont button, everyone has times when a molehill turns into a mountain.
I had this exact situation a couple of days when thinking about footwear, socks and pants and just what colour complements which. I had been waiting in my room putting on my new olive chinos, teamed having a blue Oxford shirt and navy scarf-neck sweater, and completely came an empty on which footwear to put on. I hadnt even got onto selecting a set of socks yet!
The issue I had been getting was which i required to dress a bit more conservative, because of where I had been heading, so my go-to mixture of bold patterned socks and pummelled white-colored dollars just wouldnt work. Strangely enough, the creative and vibrant side of fashion comes simpler in my experience compared to more subtle, conservative elements.
According to usual, this got me considering whether others have this kind of problem. If Im battling then there has to be others available which are having the same problem, otherwise from the boat and sinking to the foot of the large blue.
With this thought, I’ve made the decision to construct a quick guide regarding how to combine your pants, socks and footwear for individuals occasions where you have to appear a little more refined whether it is during business hrs, in a formal event or meeting the mother and father. Hopefully it can help put my, as well as your, troubles to sleep.
The Sock Situation
First of all, allows obvious up this area of the problem. The overall rule you need to stay with here’s to make certain your socks are identical shade or more dark than your pants. For instance, blue pants = navy socks and mid gray pants = charcoal socks.
However, just like any truly scientific law, there’s the best also it comes by means of brown. Inside the spectrum of brown Im including beige, tans and khakis, simply to be obvious. In cases like this, be sure that your socks really are a shade more dark than your footwear. I generally discover that this method also works when you’re putting on olive or burgundy pants.
Why not a suit trouser with stripes or inspections? Simple: take out the color from the less dominant stripe. For instance, a navy trouser having a gray check requires some gray socks to focus on the pattern.
Why not a stripe or patterned sock? First of all, make certain it is not too inside your face. Next, make use of the dominant hue of the pattern as the base. So a navy sock with thin white-colored stripes will probably be combined with your blue pants.
- Topman Navy Herringbone Skinny Fit Trousers
- Pantherella Ribbed Sea Island Cotton-blend Socks
- Reiss Poker T Classic Work Trousers Grey
- 5 Pairs Of Reinforced Heel Toe Socks
- Reiss Alsace T Cotton Linen Mix Trousers Stone
- 4 Pairs Of Freshfeet™ Ultimate Comfort Socks With Silver Technology
- Asos Brogues With Leather Sole
- Topman Premium Grey Check Heritage Fit Suit Trousers
- 3 Pairs Of Non Elastic Wool Rich Socks With Silver Technology
- Topman Navy Flannel Skinny Trousers
- Gant Breton Stripe Socks
The Trouser/Shoe Equation
Now for the real brass tacks. Because unless you enjoy no break in your trousers or cuff them a lot, the only time people will see your socks is when you sit down whereas your trousers and shoes are on display all the time. So obviously, theres slightly more to consider here.
But, in the end, it comes down to four easy rules:
- Blue trousers = brown/black shoes.
- Grey trousers = brown/black shoes.
- Brown trousers = brown shoes.
- Black trousers = black shoes.
Well, less than. There are going to become a couple of curveballs. For instance, how about these olive pants? Well, personally, It’s my job to stay with brown, especially a more dark shade, however i think black could work too, together with another lesser used colour: oxblood.
Also known as burgundy, its unbelievably well-liked by our cousins across water-feature in the usa and that i find so that it is the shoe that may opt for nearly any hue of trouser and sock. But possibly thats just me.
However, I strongly propose that you purchase a pair should you ever have a chance a cent loafer could be well suited for next spring/summer time.
- River Island Perry Trouser
- Allsaints Suke Trouser
- River Island John Trousers
- Heritage Grey Relaxed Fit Trousers
- Allsaints Merit Shoe
- Asos Tassel Loafers In Leather
- Topman Fiz Black Pointed Smart Shoes
- Allsaints Conduct Shoe
- Topman Brown Herringbone Heritage Fit Suit Trousers
- Allsaints Preston Trouser
- Topman Khaki Slim Smart Trousers
- Asos Slim Fit Suit Trouser In Khaki
- Reiss Stasko Tassel Loafers Tobacco
- Grenson Dylan Black Brogues
- H By Hudson Gould Tan Leather Derby Shoes
- American Apparel Logan Shoe By Bass
So there you have it, a brief breakdown of all there is to know about pairing your trousers with your socks or shoes, and all thats in between.
But why not tell me what you think? Did I get it all terribly wrong? How do you normally solve this problem?
Let me know in the comments section.